Last Updated: 02/07/2023
- We collect personal information for multiple purposes:
- to enable individuals to participate in our programs
- to send requested information and information related to expressed interests
- to contact individuals about supporting Ecology Action, Taper, and Ratio Institute
- to process transactions, e.g., donations
- to consider applicants for jobs and volunteer positions
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we identify the specific purposes for which information is being collected.
- We collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We collect personal information through our utility partners, customers, vendors, program participants, job applicants, donors, and website visitors.
- We retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes or as required by law.
- We protect personal information by appropriate security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We do not sell personal information.
- We do not provide personal information to third parties except as needed to meet program delivery or funding obligations. Those third parties are required to protect your data as we do.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- The following types of information are collected when appropriate:
- Addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses
- Taxpayer IDs for individuals receiving payment
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
- We assure that all individuals responsible for handling consumer inquiries about our privacy practices are informed of all applicable requirements in the California
- You have the right to request to know the personal information we collect from you and the right to request that we delete the personal information we collect from you. Requests for access to or removal of personal information by calling (877) 907-9916
- You have the right to opt-out of electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by: clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
- In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like know, to have changed, and whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA
- You may designate another person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State (“Authorized Agent”) to act on your behalf with regard to CCPA requests
- If you designate an Authorized Agent to act on your behalf with regard to a CCPA request you must provide us with legal authorization indicating your consent to have the authorized agent’s representation. Examples of acceptable forms of legal authorization would be a fully executed Power of Attorney, a notarized affidavit or any other legally executed document that indicates the authority to represent you as it pertains to your CCPA request. The agent can then utilize our online form or phone number to make a CCPA request on your behalf
Last Updated: 02/07/2023
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows a Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and a Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access a Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on a Service, and we use different types of cookies to run a Service:
- Third-Party cookies: We may use third-party cookies to collect data based on your online behavior.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google.
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft.
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla.
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple.
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.